The Economics Area at Fuqua is a leader in areas spanning economic theory, game theory, and industrial organization, and attracts world-class scholars to discuss their recent research in the context of regular seminars and conferences. Highlights include:
- The Duke-UNC Microeconomics Seminar , which the Economics Area co-hosts with the Duke Economics Department and the UNC Economics Department.
- The Duke Macroeconomics and International Economics Seminar, which the Economics Area co-hosts with the Duke Economics Department.
- The Columbia-Duke-MIT-Northwestern IO Theory Conference, the premier conference on economic theory applied to industrial organization, is co-hosted with the Duke Economics Department, the Columbia Economics Department, the MIT Economics Department, and the Northwestern Economics Department and Kellogg School of Management.
Fuqua faculty and students are also active in seminars hosted by other departments at Duke or nearby universities, including:
- Duke Applied Microeconomics Seminar
- Duke Industrial Organization Seminar
- Duke-UNC-NC StateTriangle Econometrics Workshop